Tourist vat refund scheme
Find out how you can save even more on your Fijian holiday.
The Fiji VAT (Value Added Tax) refund scheme allows tourists to claim a refund of VAT paid on goods purchased in Fiji and taken out of Fiji via Nadi International Airport or Suva Wharf as the final port of departure to a foreign destination.
Where can I get a VAT Refund?
Claims can be made when departing the country at:
- Airports - Nadi, Nausori (Suva)
- Ports of Call (Cruises) - Suva, Lautoka, Savusavu
What are the conditions of the Scheme?
Under the Scheme, VAT refunds can be claimed on:
- A cumulative minimum spend of FJD$500 (VAT Inclusive) at any APPROVED licensed retailer during your stay in Fiji.
- Unused, non-consumable goods. These do not include services or consumables like accommodation, transport, meals, liquor or cigarettes
- Goods must be taken out of Fiji within 2 months from the date of purchase.
- Large items must be carried as checked-in baggage and smaller items as hand luggage.
How do I participate and benefit from this Scheme?
- Look for the TVRS signage at APPROVED licensed retailers.
- Advise the sales assistant that you’d like to claim a refund when you make your purchase and have your passport ready.
- The retailer will access the Customs computer system, print a form and attach relevant receipts.
- Upon departure, present your items to the Customs officer