Brett McGregor seeks out Fijian cuisine in Season 3 of Taste of a Traveller on TV One. The show serves up the Pacific's best cuisine using local produce and favours in paradise. Fiji is a foodie's delight with a tasty mix of Fijian and Indian dishes.
Follow in the footsteps of Brett on a culinary adventure through the local villages and idyllic islands of Fiji. If you're looking for a foodie tour like no other, here's the Taste of Traveller's guide to discovering local Fijian favourites.
Brett McGregor's Fiji Foodie Tour
Day 1 - Coral Coast
- Travel south from Nadi International Airport, calling into Sigatoka market for fresh food and vegetables from Fiji.
- Stay at the seaside 5 star Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort located on the Coral Coast.
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort's Executive Chef Shailesh makes one of the best chicken curries on the island.
Day 2 - Korotogo Village
- On day two of Brett's trip, he visited a local village in Korotogo where Fiji 7's player Jasa Veremalau cooked up a traditional Lovo.
Day 3 - Nadi
- If you're looking for an authentic and delicious local resturant head to Tu's Place. Located between Nadi International Airport and Port Denarau.
- Tu the owner and executive chef taught Brett how to cook one of his signature dishes Rourou Balls.
Day 4 - Savusavu
- Travel from Nadi to Savusavu on the Fiji Link service.
- Transfer to Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort a spectacular 5-star luxury resort featuring 25 bures.
- The resort has it's own organic garden where it sources 40% of its produce. The farm to plate offering at the resort is first class.
Day 5 - Savusavu
- Check out the Savusavu local markets for fresh Fijian produce.
- Enjoy the facilities at Jean-Michel Cousteau. The resort caters to both couples and families with dining and activities for every type of guest.
Day 6 - Taveuni
- Transfer to Natuvu Bay and board the Paradise Taveuni Launch to transfer to Taveuni.
- Taveuni is considered the Garden Island of Fiji with lush landscapes. Pardise Taveuni is perched on the side of the cliff offering 360 views out across the islands.
Day 7 - Taveuni
- Experience village life and the beautiful singing of the church choir at the Wairiki Catholic Chrurch.
- Visit the Duivosavosa village where they enjoy a popular Fijian dish 'Fish in Lolo (coconut cream)' for Sunday lunch.